The drive in our culture to live our best lives and be all we can be is one of our greatest temptations and biggest distractions. It stirs up constant pressure within us, and a perpetual rat race of busyness around us. In reality, we’re just being distracted from what is most meaningful and what actually matters.
But what if, rather than being caught up with all we could do and should do, what if we chose instead, to really engage with a practice of stillness and recognize that we can’t change everything going on on the outside, but we do have important choices to make regarding our inside?
Whether it’s recognizing the beauty of our moments, or seeing the people right in front of us, how might learning to be still, silent, mindful and present become one of our greatest gifts?
Today’s episode is about exactly that.
Mentioned In This Episode
- Episode #011 — The Collective with Matt Rigby & Alex Marriott
- Episode #030 — Confronting Faith & Doubt with Matt Rigby
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Poet: David Whyte
- Abide (app)
- Headspace (app)
- Richard Rohr – Another Name For Everything
- Center for Action and Contemplation
- Matt’s Blog – Something From Everything
- Rob Bell
- Rob Bell’s book, “How To Be Here”
- Peter Rollins
- Marcus Borg